Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rebellion on Piza 7

I want to be high on the SEOs. I'll have to make that my goal for next week. This week it will have to be to get signings set up. My publishers website for authors says something about local tours, but they seem a bit slow on the uptake. I want things set up soon. Maybe I can catch a few looking for graduation presents. Or maybe people who are booking trips and looking for something new and exciting to read. I don't know. But I do know that I want to make this work as much as possible this month. If I don't I will have to go get a full time job and not only will that take away my ability to do promotions, but means I will have to be away from my 1% Down Syndrome baby. My goal is to have more freedom to stay home and encourage him to be the best he's capable of. Not have him in some daycare that doesn't have time to cater to his needs.

Problem is, it's looking more and more like I need a slew of money to make any, even on my books. Seems rather silly to me. I have to put out the money for posters and such? I should only have to pay for my percentage (i.e if you get ten percent you should only have to pay ten percent) maybe I'm reading the material wrong. I don't know for sure, since this is my first book.

I'll keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment