Wednesday, November 25, 2009

days 23,24,

I didt it! I hit 50k! I'm so excited. I didn't have time to write a full blog, so I did a quick widget that shows me as winner. I have another one to add when I am stuck or need a typing break :) Im at 51168 by Word's word count on the NaNoWriMo project, which I now have a winning title to - It is Quest for Riverhand book 1 of course as its on ongoing adventure full of magic, dragons, and other creatures of lore.

My rewrite is at 10916! I'm very happy at the numbers, but I think I haven't made up enough to cover the large portion that was cut... Plus, I'm thinking of a couple more ideas that may require another full rewrite. We'll see. I'm going to finish this one and pass it on to MIL and hubby to read to make sure there are no glaring mistakes. While they're doing that I'll do my own read through and see how it feels.

I've already found quite a few der mistakes just by retyping passages rather than copying and pasting. Plus, I've found more places to insert bits of dialogue and action.

There was a comment on another blog that I follow. I made a coment and posted that I had 49k. The editor that runs the blog said she was waiting to see if I finished my rough draft in such a way that it was a challenge - a dare if you will - so I'm going to be pushing very hard. I will take the day off tomorrow, only to help my husband edit his portfolio while he edits my works! I'm looking forward to it though because we have discovered he has a nice touch on writing essays. I actually like to read his essays.

So off I go and it will probably be Saturday before I can blog again as tomorrow is Thanksgiving and Friday I'll be sitting my arse down at SSI to fix the glaring mistakes they made. It will probably take me 4+ hours...

so, with no more ado, Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!!! Looking forward to reading this epic adventure you've managed to eke out! I still think you are insane for doing NaNoWriMo.... But hey, we probably wouldn't be friends without a little shared insanity

    ReplyDelete